Monday, July 6, 2015

Blood Test Results!

Hello!
Happy late 4th of July! Just a few updates today. Abe and I are now both 23! I finished my first Clomid cycle a week ago. I had no side effects with it. I did not even get grumpy! So that was great! Some more good news! I have lost 5 pounds! Which is awesome! I finally got my blood results! I thought they were gonna call me, they had not called, but I got sick of waiting and I called them. There is nothing wrong with my ovaries. Actually, the Ovarian Assessment Report was good. I am in the top 80th percentile. Which means I have more eggs than 80% of women my age. And my eggs are healthy. My score was 16 which means my egg supply is excellent. Because of this news, that means the PCOS is not bad at all. They said I do have a tiny bit of ovulation dysfunction. The Clomid should help with that.
The kicker is that my thyroid levels were really high, which is not good or a surprise. My mom had thyroid problems and cancer and my grandma has had thyroid problems. My levels were like 5. something and for maximum fertility they should be around 2. something. So I am going to go onto medication to stabilize and lower those levels. I have more blood tests next week and then again in three weeks to retest my thyroid levels. We are so glad that the PCOS is not bad and that thyroid problems are a bit easier to fix than ovary problems. Hopefully we will get pregnant here in a few months! Thanks for all of the support and help I have received from everyone! I received a few Facebook messages and texts from friends and I want you guys to know that you helped me a lot. Thank you so much for that! Have a good week!

-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Ah Manda im so glad to hear!! We will keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete