Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Doctor's Appointment- Ultrasound and Blood Drawn

Hello!

First I just want to say that I was using this blog mostly as like a marriage/ life journal. Now that we have been having fertility issues, I want people who are going through what we are going through to know that there is someone out there who knows a little bit how they feel... If that made sense. Everyone's fertility issues are different, but anyone who is having fertility problems probably all hurt in one way or another. I have gotten several compliments from friends about this blog and I want to thank them for that. What I write is personal, and I am afraid people will think I am weird for being so personal...but I want to help people and give and get support. Yes! I also want someone to talk to about this haha. And I know it is not the best written blog out there haha I am sorry about that. 

Well my doctor's appointment was today. I got my blood drawn and had an ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries. My doctor found that I have PCOS :-( He saw 12 little cysts in both of my ovaries and my periods are not regular. So the blood test that I had today will tell us how severe it is. We are praying it is not too bad. There were no  growths or sores in my uterus and everything else looked normal. My blood test will come back in a week and will tell us more. Hopefully it is good news and hopefully Clomid will stop my dang spotting between my periods and hopefully I will get pregnant. I have to get my blood drawn again 8 days after I ovulate to test a certain hormone. So more waiting! Yay! :-S Ugh! 

I was expecting to be diagnosed with PCOS, but I was hoping I would be wrong. Especially because I am not having outward signs of PCOS. I would like to blame my weight gain on it, but really I think that is because I got lazy after we got married and stopped exercising. The only symptom I seemed to be having was slightly irregular periods. I always have a period every month. Never have I missed one, but they start between days 25 and 31. They do not always start on day 28 of my cycle. So I was hoping it was just hormones. But nope! The cysts popped up on the ultrasound and I have PCOS. Now that it is official I have been feeling hopeless about getting pregnant. I have heard that a lot of people with PCOS do not get pregnant with fertility pills, so I am afraid I will be one of those people. I just need to suck it up and have faith in the Lord's timing. Easier said than done haha.

I started Clomid today. I have read terrible things about Clomid. So I am expecting to gain 10 pounds, which is awful since I have been trying to lose the 20 pounds I gained when we got married, and be a very grumpy wife/person who eats chocolate all day long. Hopefully I am not like that and we are praying that it works and I get pregnant. Here are my lovely pictures of my pills. Thanks for reading! I will update as results come in. Have an awesome week!

~Amanda






No comments:

Post a Comment